Strawberry and white chocolate muffins
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Serves: Makes 12 Muffins
120g soft brown sugar
2 medium eggs
1 vainlla pod, seeds crapped out or vanilla paste/vanilla
250g plain flour
Generous ½ teaspoon baking powder
100g strawberries, diced into small pieces, save the small one to put on top of mixture (decorate).
60g white chocolate, buttons chopped into small pieces or bar of white chocolate chopped.
1. Preheat the oven to 170C-
2. Muffin tray, place the 12 muffin cases in the tray
3. Melt the butter in a saucepan with the sugar, mix well and take off the heat
4. Beat the egg lightly, add the milk, add vanilla and mix. Add to the butter and sugar
5. Sift flour and baking powder and mix the mixture quickly using 10 strokes to fold in with a spoon.
6. Stir in the strawberry pieces and chocolate buttons
7. Soon the mixture into the muffin cases, top with a small strawberry or one cut in half.
8. Bake for 25 minutes, till golden and springy to the touch.
9. Cool on wire rack.